Gourmanity Select Ceylon Cinnamon Powder From Sri Lanka 16oz
- ‘TRUE CINNAMON’: Ceylon cinnamon has a mildly sweet flavor, more delicate than that of Cassia cinnamon (the kind you'd get in a supermarket) and is of higher quality and better texture. For the most authentic flavor, Gourmanity Select brings you organic Ceylon cinnamon powder from the north of Sri Lanka.
- LET LOOSE YOUR CULINARY CREATIVITY: Enjoy experimenting with the sweet and subtly spicy flavor of Ceylon cinnamon powder. Add to baked goods, beverages, oatmeal and cereals, as well as curries and other savory dishes for an inimitable depth of flavor.
- NATURAL SUPERFOOD: Ceylon cinnamon is a natural superfood that contains powerful antioxidants to support optimum health.
- ONLY THE GOOD STUFF: Non GMO, non irradiated and certified USDA organic, you can be certain that only genuine Ceylon cinnamon is coming into your kitchen. Your pure organic cinnamon stays fresh in the resealable airtight bag, so you can keep enjoying the same perfect flavor, up until the very last teaspoon.
- GOURMANITY SELECT: Bringing authentic international taste into your kitchen.
Cinnamon, for me, was always a onenote spice. Sure, it added warmth and sweetness, but it often overpowered other flavors. Then, I stumbled upon Gourmanity Select's Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder, and let me tell you, it's much better than the store bought verities.This big 16oz resealable bag from Sri Lanka should last me a long time. It is a far more complex taste that is a bit hard to describe. It is sweeter and more mild. If cooking from a recipe, you may need to add a bit more of this complex spice than is called for over the tradition cinnimon.I couldn't wait to put it to the test. First up, my morning oatmeal. A sprinkle of Ceylon cinnamon transformed it from bland to bakeryworthy. It even elevated my afternoon chai, lending a warm hug without drowning out the complex tea flavors.Baking, of course, was next. I made an apple pie and gave it a genourse helping of cinnamon and i must admit, it was pretty next level.Gourmanity Select's Ceylon Cinnamon Powder is a more complex cinnamon and has more depth. You really need to experience it for yourself.
Ceylon cinnamon is one of those spices which enhances the flavor and also has good health benefits. I have been using it for a while and normally take a spoon or two with cereal or even add a bit to spice up tea. Although this products' quality was okay, I did not see the best before or expiration date listed on the packet. It is certified as USDA organic but not having the best before date is a bit weird.
I received a large bag of cinnamon with a resealable ziplock top. I dont like keeping my spices in plastic so upon arrival I transferred it to a glass storage container. The color of this cinnamon is golden brown and the texture is very fine. The flavor is more mild than I was expecting. Maybe I am more accustomed to cinnamonsugar blends. I have used it in some sweet treat recipes and I am pleased with the results. It has a lovely aroma as you would expect.
When you open this bag, you're instantly greeted with the fact that this is potent cinnamon. I have purchased many smaller containers of Ceylon cinnamon for much more that were not as aromatic and potent as this stuff. Really an outstanding value for people who do a lot of baking or use it in cooking.
I really like this real cinnamon, the flavor is more delicate with great aromas, and you get a very good quantity. Perfect for making cinnamon buns!