Gourmanity Select Ceylon Cinnamon Sticks From Sri Lanka 8oz
- TRUE CINNAMON: For the most authentic flavor, Gourmanity Select brings you organic Ceylon cinnamon sticks from the north of Sri Lanka. Ceylon cinnamon has a mildly sweet taste, more delicate than that of Cassia cinnamon (the kind you'd get in a supermarket) and is of higher quality and better texture.
- BREW, STEEP OR STEW: Craving a comforting sip of cinnamon tea? Steep an organic cinnamon stick in hot water for ten minutes for a perfect infusion of warmth and flavor. With a 3-inch length, these cinnamon sticks can be used to stir your coffee or tea, adding fragrance and flavor simultaneously. Our organic cinnamon sticks are also ideal for adding a depth of flavor and elegance to mulled wine, apple cider, cocktails or even beef stew.
- GRIND OR GRATE: Revel in Ceylon cinnamon’s subtle flavors by gently grinding the sticks, unlocking an aroma that captivates your senses and leaves store-bought powder in the dust. Grate using a microplane for an elegant garnish, or add to baked goods, oatmeal and desserts, as well as curries and other savory dishes for a pungent kick.
- ORGANIC CINNAMON STICKS: Non GMO and certified USDA organic, our organic Ceylon cinnamon sticks are carefully hand-sorted to ensure only the finest C5 grade, so you can be certain that only genuine Ceylon cinnamon is coming into your kitchen. Your 8oz bulk pack of cinnamon sticks stay fresh in the resealable airtight bag, so you can keep enjoying the same perfectly fresh flavor from the first stick to the last.
- GOURMANITY SELECT: Bringing authentic international taste into your kitchen.
I often use cinnamon sticks I order online and generally don't have any issues, but these are certainly not my favorite ones. They're pretty weak compared to most others I've had. I know they are ceylon and not cassia, which tend to be a bit more powerful, but I was still surprised by their weakness and kind of off smell. They do smell better when you put them in boiling water (I was too nervous to use them in my homemade cranberry juice) and I think they'd be totally fine for potpourris.I want to say they'd also be good for crafts, but they're not really the prettiest cinnamon sticks as you can see from my photo. But I guess that's OK if you're going for a rustic look!
Perfect for cooking, decorating, crafting, or making aroma simmer pots! These are great cinnamon sticks! No complaints here!
These come in a very large bag. No smell really and the taste is not there either. I will only be using these for crafting unfortunately.
Gourmanity Select Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Sticks 8oz 3 inch Long Organic Cinnamon Sticks from Sri Lanka Ceylon True Cinnamon Sticks for Hot Coffee and Tea 1 Pack of 8ozFirst impressions: Nice resealable pouch full of sticks. The smell is not cinnamon by any means when you open the pouch. I dont know why the smell is of chemicals, not delicious cinnamon.Installationsetup: Use in crafts or potpourri, perhaps, if you can release the cinnamon smell.Final thoughts: I have a pouch of ground Ceylon Cinnamon that has the proper smell and taste. The sticks in this pouch have a distinct chemical smell that is unpleasant and very strong. I let some air out a bit, even overnight and they did lose some of the odor, but it wasnt replaced with the familiar smell of cinnamon. I cant say I recommend eating these with that odor on them. They should be good for simmering or potpourri.1 star I don't recommend it at all, poor quality. 2 stars I don't recommend it, it has multiple faults, or a very high price. 3 stars It's passable, It has some faults but the quality is ok for what it is. 4 stars Product quite acceptable, it does what it promises. 5 stars Product that I totally recommend.
Usually when I get cinnamon I can smell it through the package, so I wasnt surprised that this didnt really have much scent or flavor whatsoever. Id skip this one. Its really bad.